Sunday, October 17, 2010

Are you a demigod? Cause Percy Jackson is

So I have been reading the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series, I'm kind of addicted. You can ask my mom I've always loved Greek mythology. We used to sit and watch Hercules and Xena together. The series is about a kid Percy Jackson who finds out that he is the son of Poseidon, god of the sea. He goes to Camp Half Blood, a place where young demigods go to train to fight the monsters that are drawn to them.

I just finished reading The Battle of the Labyrinth. I really love how Rick Riordan pulls classic Greek myths into the modern day. Makes it very easy to relate to, especially for younger teens. I loved how in the labyrinth they run into the (most exemplary) Sphinx and instead of the usual riddle she tries to give Annabeth a standard test. It's almost a let's poke fun of today's lowered standards. The find the way through the labyrinth with the help of Percy's friend, Rachel Elizabeth Dare, who can see through the Mist that normally hides the gods, demigods, and monsters from mortals.

I would really recommend this to anyone that loves Greek mythology, or just likes really about the supernatural. I would also recommend to any parent who would like to pass on their love of Greek mythology to their kids to buy them these books.

0 comments:

Post a Comment