Monday, October 25, 2010

The Last Olympian

So like I said I've been said last time I've been reading the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series by Rick Riordan. I think I've read these faster than anything else lately. I'm such a sucker for the Greek Gods.

In the last book of the series The Last Olympian, Percy and Nico, son of Hades, undergo a journey to the Underworld, and then the campers at Camp Half-Blood lead by Percy and Annabeth wage war again the Titan Kronos in no better place than Manhattan, filled with sleeping mortals. Since Mount Olympus is onto the Empire State Building, don't you know.

 I really loved the ending on this book, the Gods offer Percy immortality for his bravery which Percy turns down in order to be with Annabeth. Instead he requests that the Gods recognize all their kids. And not just the main 12, he wants all demigods to be claimed. Since Kronos wouldn't have been able to get so many demigod supporters if they had felt they got the loyalty of their Godly parents.

The Last Olympian referred to by the title is Hestia, goddess of the hearth. She calls herself "the last Olympian", saying that when all the other Olympians leave she is always left to tend the fire. She also gave up her chair on the council to avoid another fight.

I truly do recommend this book to anyone that tends to feel left behind or forgotten. And as I said before I recommend the whole series to anyone with a taste for the Greek Gods.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment